Sunday, February 5, 2012

Vampire the Masquerade Follow-Up

Alrighty, so this isn’t actually about Vampire the Masquerade. It is more about my ineptitude to write anything related to the World of Darkness universe. I think the reason for this is the sun. It is a gorgeous day out today. The air is springtime fresh and sunny, giving a carefree weekend mood. I am absolutely manic. There once was a time in which I loved the cold, overcast, rainy Pacific Northwest weather. I found it melancholy and thoughtful. I must have been going through some tortured artist or emo phase because now I love sunshine and warm weather. I think the ideal temperature is nothing belong 80-degrees. If I re-did the seasons there would be only three: warm late spring from January-April, blazing summer from May-August, and early Autumn Indian summers the rest of the year. Now that it is beautiful out, I’m not in much of a vampire mood. It’s hard to write, think, or read about creatures of the night when you are in love with the daytime and the sunshine that would burn them into a pile of ash. My mood has been taken in a completely different direction, one for reading Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants and Nicholas Sparks novels. Another culprit is these beautifully pictured wings.
I love people food. Seriously. I love going out to Applebees and Red Robin. I love Mexican, Asian, Italian, Greek, Indian, Hungarian, and Southern foods. I look forward to Oktoberfest in part because I love Mount Angel sausages with sauerkraut, onion and mustard. I enjoy eating, have a big appetite, and tend to equate food with any ideal hanging out. Conversely, I can’t get over how disgusting drinking blood is. I couldn’t even drink those True Blood sodas or any other food item masquerading itself as bodily fluids. I’m not a dark person either. I feel intuitively and empathetically connected to humanity. I can’t abandon feelings and values like friendship, love, beauty, mercy, compassion, sorrow, and regret. World of Darkness has a gothic-punk mood that is dark, gothic, and everyone feels a loss in becoming a vampire. Of late, all I can be and write about is humanity, life, faith, family, friendship, and romance. I tend to always be an “up” person. I always feel capable, together, outgoing, brave, amused, social, lucky, calm, energetic, and confident. I am always optimistic, adaptable, peaceful, rested, content, and focused. I can’t relate to vampires at all. I am thinking of taking a break and writing something else because I’m just not feeling this. At this point, I would Twilight-ize Vampire the Masquerade. (Disclaimer: I have read all the Twilight books and seen all the movies except the newest one. I like human Bella Swan (especially her clothes and her truck), Team Jacob, and my favorite vampire is Bree Tanner. I don’t think Stephenie Meyer is a bad writer.)

No comments:

Post a Comment